Thursday, March 06, 2008

kai dao song krueng : fancy fried-eggs thai style


Kai Dao Song Krueng : Fancy Fried-Eggs Thai Style

I always like cooking eggs. This recipe is my favourite dish when I was in “high school” – I was in the top 10 best schools in Bangkok (in Thailand) and I am always proud of it.
At my school’s canteen – there were loads of food (Japanese, Fast Food, Thai and Noodles) I always liked to order “Kai Dao Song Krueng” almost everyday or at least 3 times a week for 6 years when I was in there.

At times, I like to cook it at home as it reminds me of my old time with mates at school – happy days I had.

Find below a recipe of “Kai Dao Song Krueng”

3-4 Fresh Organic Eggs (Duck or Chicken – depends on your liking)
1 Cup of minced pork
½ Cup of Tomato, diced
½ Cup of Onion, diced

½ Cup of Cooking Oil
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil

½ Cup of Spring Onion, chopped
½ Cup of Coriander, chopped

Lime & Chillie Spicy Sauce
3-4 of Red & Green Chillie, chopped
2-3 of Red Shallotte, thinly sliced
4 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce
4 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
1 Teaspoon of Light Brown Sugar
(Add everything into a mixing blow – stir gently to combine well)



Preparation

• Heat a wok over high-heat
• Add Cooking Oil, wait till hot
• Fry the Eggs to your liking (well-done or half-cooked – I like to keep the York oozy)
• Remove and keep one side

• Heat a pan over medium-heat
• Add olive oil, wait till hot
• Add Onion, fry till becoming soft
• Add minced pork, stir & break too them till cooked
• Add tomatoes, keep stirring for 3-4 mins
• Remove and keep one side

• Place the fried-eggs on the serving plate
• Add the fried minced pork with onion and tomatoes on top of the fried-eggs
• Sprinkle with chopped spring onion and coriander
• Serve with a cup of “chillie & lime sauce” & steamed whole-grain rice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure which school you went to. I went to St. Joseph's Convent at Silom Road. I still remembered during primary school years, the cafeteria cook would fry the hot dogs and add some spicy, sweet, lemony sauce on top (not "yum" style though). It was delicious.

Thank for blogging.

Anonymous said...

fried eggs are one of my favorite things ever and this super savory take on it sounds so delicious!i will have to try it very soon. thanks for the recipe!