Monday, February 26, 2007
stir-fried beef with tomato, basil in tumeric sauce.
Fried Beef with Tomato, basil in Turmeric Sauce
this dish is very much southern thai food. very hot and i like it very much.
find below a recipe.
3 tablespoons of extra light olive oil
1 pound of beef, thinly slice ( or as much you feel like)
3 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
2 of chillis, finely chopped
2 cloves of fresh turmeric, roughly cut into small pieces
1 cup of tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup of basil leaves
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- heat a medium pan on high heat.
- add olive oil
- add garlic and then beef
- fry the beef roughly and then remove to the plate and put it aside
- add turmeric into the cooking pan with the remain cooking oil and garlic
- add all the remaining ingredients ( soy sauce, oyster sauce and a pinch of sugar)
- add tomatoes, and then add a little of water
- wait for a few minutes and add back the fried beef
- add basil leave and cook for a few mins
- remove to the serving plate & then serve with streamed rice