Saturday, September 01, 2007

gaeng chued tao huu moo sab


Gaeng Chued Tao Huu Moo Sab : Minced Pork and Soft Bean Curd in Clear Soup

Here is another dish in my "comfort food" collection. I remembered well that when I was young. I had this dish almost every single day for dinner.

If I feel ill or not feeling well, this is the dish that I always ask for.

Find below "Minced Pork Meatballs and Soft Bean Curd in Clear Soup"

4-6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
2 cups of soft beancurd, cubed & cut
1-2 cups of minced pork, made into meatballs
2 cups of green cabbage, chopped
1 cup of vermicelli, soaked and cut (optional)
1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of freshly ground white pepper (optional)
1 cup of spring onion and fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped

Preparation

* heat the stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
* bring to the boil, add minced pork meatballs
* wait for the meatballs to be cooked through, they will foat
* add the beancurd when the soup returns to the boil
* add green cabbage (and vermicelli)
* cook for a few mins, then add soy sauce, stirring well to combine
* sprinkle with spring onion & coriander leaves
* serve immediately with streamed rice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this dish! It is also one of my favorite comfort foods, it is the best in Thailand because the tofu there is in those cylindrical tubes. Here in California they only sell tofu in square boxes :( Just not the same. I like this dish with woon sen too ;) Great post as always!

-Pam

Anonymous said...

This soup recipe just made my day. My mother used to make this all the time, and I miss it terribly.