Saturday, September 01, 2007
gaeng chued tao huu moo sab
Gaeng Chued Tao Huu Moo Sab : Minced Pork and Soft Bean Curd in Clear Soup
Here is another dish in my "comfort food" collection. I remembered well that when I was young. I had this dish almost every single day for dinner.
If I feel ill or not feeling well, this is the dish that I always ask for.
Find below "Minced Pork Meatballs and Soft Bean Curd in Clear Soup"
4-6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
2 cups of soft beancurd, cubed & cut
1-2 cups of minced pork, made into meatballs
2 cups of green cabbage, chopped
1 cup of vermicelli, soaked and cut (optional)
1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of freshly ground white pepper (optional)
1 cup of spring onion and fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
* heat the stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
* bring to the boil, add minced pork meatballs
* wait for the meatballs to be cooked through, they will foat
* add the beancurd when the soup returns to the boil
* add green cabbage (and vermicelli)
* cook for a few mins, then add soy sauce, stirring well to combine
* sprinkle with spring onion & coriander leaves
* serve immediately with streamed rice