Saturday, February 07, 2009

spicy beef & green apple-eggplant salad


Spicy Beef & Apple-eggplant Salad: ยำเนื้อใส่มะเขือเปราะ

This beef salad is delightful. It’s an authentic & old Thai dish and we don’t see nor cook it very often at home. I remember that when I was young I don’t like eating green apple-eggplant at all. Things change over time, apparently, as now I kind of like it very much.

Anyway, find below a recipe of Spicy Beef & Green Apple-Eggplant Salad.

1 Premium Beef Steak (Sirloin, Tenderloin, Rib-Eye – anything that you like)
8-10 of medium Green Apple Eggplants, sliced & soaked in water with salt

Spicy Dressing
4 of Red Chilies, seeded & chopped
4 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
4 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
3-4 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon of Palm Sugar
Cilantro Leaves for Garnish


Preparation


Sprinkle both sides of Beef Steak with Sea Salt, then keep in the fridge for a night.

In a blender, add the ingredients of the Spicy dressing, blend. Keep one side. (You can simply shake them well in a dressing mixer.)

Take the steak out of the fridge, leave for 5-10 mins at room temperature. Grill the steak to your liking (I love mine cooked Medium-Rare). Then keep one side, leave it to rest for 5-10 mins. Then slice into bite-sized strips.
In a big Salad Bowl, add in the sliced Apple-Eggplant, Grilled Beef & Dressing. Toss to combine well. Remove into a serving plate, sprinkle with Cilantro leaves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know one could eat raw eggplant. I'll have to give this a try if I can find green-apple eggplants.

gaga said...

I love tangy, spicy thai salads. This looks delicious!