Tuesday, October 09, 2007
yum nuea yhang
Yum Nuea Yhang : Spicy Thai Grilled Beef Salad
We love Beef but I try not to have it very often as everybody knows that eating Red-Meat isn’t healthy. Try to reduce consuming Red-Meat only once a week should be OK … I guess.
Grilled Beef Salad is one of my most favourite dishes and this particular dish has become my signature dish. Almost every time I hosted dinner parties at home, my mates always asked for it.
Find below my very own recipe of “Spicy Thai Grilled Beef Salad”
Beef Steak (T-Bone, Rib-Eye, Sirloin, Fillet Mignon or anything depends on your preference.)
Ground Black Pepper
1 of Onion, thinly sliced
1 of Firm Tomato, sliced
1 Cup of Thai/Chinese Celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Cup of Carrot, thinly sliced
1 Cup of Cucumber, sliced
Spicy Thai Dipping (Click to see Recipe)
• heat the griddle over high heat
• season the beef with sea salt and black pepper
• slightly brush the griddle with olive oil
• place the steak on the griddle, cook to your preference (I like mine cooked –medium rare : 8 mins in total)
• remove and set the steak aside to rest for at least 5 mins
• slice the steak into bite-sized strips
• serve with salad and spicy Thai dipping sauce
Remarks: you can mix and toss everything (Grilled Beef, Salad and Dipping Sauce) in a salad blow and then serve in a plate as how Thai normally like to cook/do it but I like mine served as shown in the picture.