Sunday, June 24, 2007
Plaa Neua : Grilled Beef Salad with Roasted chilli Paste Dressing.
2 cups of grilled beef steak (sirloin steak is recommended)
2-5 of red chillies, finely chopped
2 stalks of lemon grass, finely chopped
5 of red shallots, finely sliced
10 of cherry tomatoes, halved
10 peppermint leaves, roughly chopped
5 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
1/2 cup of cilantro leaves & spring onion, finely chopped
2-4 tablespoons lime juice
2-4 tablespoons fish sauce
2-3 tablespoons of sweet roasted chilli paste
* cook the steak as how you like it.
* place the strips in salad bowl and add the rest of the ingredients in.
* toss over, mix well to combine everything.
* season to taste.
* top with peppermint leaves.
* serve with streamed rice or sticky rice.