Tuesday, January 27, 2009

puu phad phong-kari : stir-fried crab with yellow curry powder


Stir-fried Crab with Yellow Curry Powder: ปูผัดผงกะหรี่

To me cooking is always my true love & real pleasure. If someone asked me to cook something for him/her, with no doubt, I delightfully would love to. A few times, I was asked to organise a party to be in charge of food & Drinks, I was so happy & pleased (and exhausted) and when I saw all the guests being happy & satisfied, all of my time and effort that I put into was/is all worthwhile. I guess I am a domestic type of person.

A mate likes eating “Crab” and when she visited. I cooked it as a lovely lunch for her.

Find below a recipe

2 of Crabs (approx. 500 Grams), cleaned, chopped & smashed
2 of Eggs
1 Cup of Onion, sliced
1 Cup of Chinese Celery, cut
1 Cup of Spring Onion, cut
2 Teaspoons of Yellow Curry Powder
1 Teaspoon of Ground White Pepper
4 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
½ Cup of Milk
½ Cup of Ginger, peeled & sliced
4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (Extra light & mild)
2 Tablespoons of Sweet Chili Paste
A dash of Brown Sugar

Preparation

Whisk Eggs, Milk, Curry Powder & Sweet Chili Paste, till mixed well
Set a Wok over high-heat, add Garlic, fry till aromatic. Add chopped Crab & Ginger, fry till cooked through. Add the mixed liquid of Eggs, Milk, Curry Power & Sweet Chili paste, then add Oyster sauce, Soy sauce & a dash of Brown Sugar, fry till combine well. Sprinkle with sliced Onion, Spring Onion, & Chinese Celery, fry for a few mins
Sprinkle with Ground White pepper, turn of the heat
Remove into a serving plate
Serve with steamed rice

No comments: