Monday, February 26, 2007
indian - chicken curry
Indian - Chicken Curry.
my first time trying to cook indian chicken curry.
the outcome aint too bad after all.
find here below my very own recipe.
chicken tikka - 1 kilo
yogurt - 1.5 cups
onion - finely chopped - 1 cup
garlic - finely grated - 2 teaspoons
ginger - finely grated - 1 teaspoon
cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
chillis powder - 2 teaspoons
masala powder - 1 teaspoon
tomatoes - finely chopped - 1 cupe
tomato paste - 1 tablespoon
fresh chillis - roughly chopped - 4
extra light olive oil
1. heat the pan.
2. fry onion with cooking oil until the onion is cooked through
3. add tomato paste
4. add garlic, ginger, add turmeric, cumin, chillies and masala powder.
5. add a pinch of salt and a little of water.and stir-fry for 5 mins
6. add yogurt and keep stirring for a short while
7. add chicken tikka and then remove to the serving plate
8. garnish with coriander leaves, lemon and then serve with saffron rice.