Sunday, September 16, 2007

gai tod : fried chicken


Gai Tod : Fried Chicken

I always want to write about Kid’s Food. A month ago, I am employed by my beloved mate (since I am good about it- she pays complement.) to arrange daily menu for her kids (my beloved 2 beautiful nieces – 9 & 4 years old).

I have such a good fun doing the job and my employer seems to be satisfied with my work as the kids get to learn to eat variety of food and get variety of necessary intake: what’s essential & necessary for their body and their immune system in a day.

I have loads of Kid’s (Thai)menu: feel free to email to ask.

Find below my Fried Chicken which the kids seem to love it.

3-4 of Chicken Drumsticks (or Chicken Wings)

2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Pear Juice
1 Tablespoon of Honey
1 Teaspoon of Turmeric powder (Optional)

1 Tablespoon of Coriander’ roots, cut
1 Tablespoon of Garlic, roughly chopped

Cooking Oil fro frying

Preparation

• Put the coriander roots and garlic into a mortar, pound till fine.
• Marinate the chicken drumsticks with the paste, soy sauce, pear juice and honey: by putting everything into the zip-log bag and keep in the fridge for 2 hours or over a night.

• Heat a wok on high heat
• Add frying oil
• Add marinated chicken, reduce that heat to medium
• Fry the chicken till cooked through – you can fry it till the skin turns very crispy depends your preference
• Remove into a plate on the paper towel – to absorb the excess oil
• Serve with streamed rice

No comments: