Wednesday, December 05, 2007

spicy salmon salad : thai style


Spicy Fresh Salmon Salad

I just notice that I cook Salmon very often lately, almost every other day. Maybe that’s because it’s December. So, I feel festive.

If I were in France at this time, I would get to eat smoked Salmon, fresh Bordeaux Oyster, Cheese Platter, Foie Gras & Beluga Caviar … you know those fancy things almost every night.

Geez….. I really miss my time in France, especially in Paris. Very Happy Days…. I had.

Anyway, this is my very own recipe which was created to satisfy myself during PMS time. It’s probably hormones. This dish is absolutely 100% yummy and all of my mates love it too bits.

Find below my very own recipe of “Spicy Fresh Salmon Salad”



1 piece of Salmon Fillet, cut into bite-sized strips (ask the fishmonger to slice for you at the supermarket)

For Garnish
1 of medium Chinese Turnip, very thinly sliced
Mint Leaves

Spicy Dressing

1 of Lemon Grass, very thinly sliced
2 of small Red Shallott, very thinly sliced
2 of Red Chillie, thinly sliced
2 of small Cloves of Garlic, very thinly sliced
4 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce
4 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
½ Tablespoon of Palm Sugar

Preparation

• In a bowl, add Palm Sugar, Fish Sauce & Lime Juice, whisk to mix well
• Add Chillie, Red Shallott and Lemon Grass, stir gently to combine everything
• Remove into a serving cup & sprinkle with Mint Leaves
• Serve with chilled Slices of Salmon, Mint Leaves & thinly shredded Turnip

No comments: