Saturday, September 06, 2008

kub-kao kub-pla : food & sweets cafe


Kub Kao Kub Pla : Food & Sweets Cafe´ by Iberry

I always like the concept of "good food with reasonable price" – everybody can afford. This restaurant seems to find this quality.

I personally admire Khun Pla the owner of the Iberry to bits. So, when I heard that she opens a new restaurant in Thonglor, I went there to try her food in no time.

I find her food creative, warm & familiar, good quality (all of her salad always comes very fresh, delightfully enjoyable & well-presented.) and the most importantly, the menu prices are very reasonable – lunch-set starts from 165 Bht to 185 Bht.

It is very obvious that she loves what she does. She pays all of her attentions into tiny details in this restaurant as much as she possibly could. She claims that eating at her is like eating at our own home; scrumptious, choosing only good quality ingredients & cooking with heart for our home-cooking food – and this is pretty true.

Khun Pla runs business in a very generous, honest & sincere way – no wonder why she is very successful at very young age.
What I like the most is that you feel special without paying loads in this restaurant. This restaurant gives you for what you pay for. This is what I always want in my restaurant.

The only one thing that needs to be improved is service. All of the waiters & waitress are all smiling but they are too slow – they can’t be able to handle customers when they are fully packed. I guess this what happens to new restaurants where seems to be very popular as their staff are new and they seem to need time to learn to cope with all the buzz & chaos.

Anyway, my recommendation dishes are Somtam (Papaya Salad), Balloon Omelette, “Kaeng Leung Pla Ka Pong” (Southern Style Spicy Yellow Curry with Seabass), Kanoom-Jeen Nam-Ya Pak-Tai, & Kamoo Caramel (Caramelized-Pork Knuckle Braised with 5 spices).
There also are loads of western dishes to offer but I, personally, don't find them that special.
...

Kub Kao Kub Pla
150/3 Market Place
Thonglor Soi 4
Sukhumvit 55
T. 02 381 0274

No comments: