Sunday, May 15, 2011

thai spicy smoked sausage salad

Thai Spicy Smoked Sausage Salad : ยำใส้กรอก(รมควัน) แบบไทยๆ

I am a big fan of charcuteries, especially the French ones. I love everything that's related to smoked bacon, ham, sausage, terrine & pâté. In Thailand, there aren't many places or choices that you could find good charcuterie products. (This is what I love about Paris and London, over there you could easily find all these good quality yummie things.)

At my current work place where is located very close to "Bei Otto" restaurant. They have their own delicatessen located at the front of the restaurant. I have become one of their customers. I love their good quality house's (smoked) products. Almost everyweek, after work, I like to stop at the deli and pick up some smoked bacon, ham and sausages to stock in my fridge. I always keep these things on hand as they are very good and handy for breakfast and brunch or when we happen to be hungry at late night. We would simply put them together and we could have a good meal like a simple sarnie or salad.

Anyway, last week, I browsed through "tastepotting" and I saw an old post of "Cee". She posted a recipe of "Hot Dog Thai Style" in there. I was inspired and wanted to cook the dish of my own.

Find below my version of Thai Spicy Smoked Sausage Salad 

2-3 Medium Smoked Sausages (Get the best quality that you could afford or find)
3-4 Organic Medium Cucumbers, roughly sliced
1 Organic Onion, sliced
2 Organic Plump Tomatoes, sliced
2-3 Organic Plum Chinese Celery, cut
Organic Coriander Leaves, cut
Organic Spring Onion, cut

Spicy Chili & Lime Dressing
4-6 Organic Bird-eye Chili, finely chopped (Deseeded, if you can't handle hot chili)
2-3 Tablespoons of Organic Lime Juice
3 Tablespoons of Premium Quality Fish Sauce
A dash of un-refined Brown Sugar 

Preparation

Dressing : Add all ingredients in an empty jam jar and shake to mix well. Taste if more seasoning is needed. Keep one side.
Salad : Add all ingredients into a big salad bowl. Drizzle with chili & lime dressing. Toss gently to mix everything well. Taste if more dressing is needed and the salad is well coated with dressing. Remove into a serving plate. Serve immediately. (This salad can be served alone or with a cup of steamed whole-grain rice.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So simple yet one of the most satisfying dishes everr!
keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

Ensure appliances, sinks, benchtops and cabinetry all fit, accounting for the 'sweep' of doors and opening drawers and allowing for normal movement.Kitchen Equipment