Wednesday, February 01, 2012

fried-rice with fermented pork sausage

Fried-rice with Fermented Pork Sausage : Kao Phad Neam - ข้าวผัดแหนม

I got so lucky. I got paid to be home for the past 2 weeks! I really enjoyed my mini break. This was the reason why I had time to post more recipes lately and I hope to be able to do a lot more this year. 

I felt like January was a very good & fresh start for me as, unexpectedly, many good things keep happening. It seems to me that my life is gradually getting back on track. If things work as the way I have planed. In the next 2 years, I will be moving to London and open my own restaurant! (keep my fingers crossed). 

Anyway, back to the recipe, last week, I craved for fermented pork sausage and I cooked this dish for lunch. Its very easy and delicious. I mean its boring to eat the same old fried-rice for lunch all the time - you know what I mean... 

Find below a recipe

1 medium stick (180g.) of Fermented Pork Sausage (make sure to get a good or high quality one - mainly for a hygienic reason.), sliced/chopped roughly into small pieces
2-3 organic Eggs 
1-2 cups of Steamed Rice (white or whole-grain - I prefer whole-grain rice.)
2-3 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped 
2 tablespoons of Cooking Oil (I prefer Extra light & mild Olive Oil - I think its healthy!)
2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 tablespoons of Seasoning Sauce
1 tablespoon of Oyster Sauce (Optional)
A dash of un-refined (brown) Sugar 
1 medium Onion, roughly chopped (Optional)
1 medium organic Plum Tomato, sliced (Optional)
1-2 organic Red Chilies, sliced (Optional) 

Garnish 
Roasted Peanuts (Optional)
Organic fresh Ginger, thinly julienned (Optional)
A handful of fresh organic Coriander and Spring Onion, roughly chopped
Fresh organic Cucumber, sliced (I prefer Japanese Cucumber as its more crunchy.)
Organic Lime, cut into wedges

Preparation

Set a wok over medium-high heat, wait till hot but not too hot. Add cooking oil and chopped garlic and fry till aromatic. Add fermented pork sausage, red chilies and egg, stir-fry a few times and leave till almost set. Add steamed rice, stir-fry very quickly. Add soy sauce, seasoning sauce and a dash of sugar. Taste if more seasoning if needed. Removed into a serving plate. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and spring onion. Served with roasted peanuts, ginger, fresh cucumber and a few of lime wedges. How easy!

No comments: