Monday, July 09, 2012

buttermilk waffle with banana and strawberry

Buttermilk Waffle with Banana & Strawberry

I know I have been very quiet for months. I have been kept too busy with work... I am extremely worn out but I really do enjoy it. It’s fun and very challenging. I mean I am really grateful and I know that I am so lucky that I am given an opportunity to run a restaurant. This is really a trial run for me to discover myself if I really want this or not... I mean I love cooking to bits but running a restaurant is a total different thing. It’s so tiring and it’s such a big headache! Without passion, I don’t' think anyone would want to do it.

Anyway, I have a few posts, which I shall have them updated on here very shortly. But tonight, I think I should post something here. Last Sunday, I cooked this buttermilk waffle and its very yummie. Find below my recipe. (Which is adapted from a recipe in Saveur)

1 Cup All-purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1⁄2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
3  Free-range Eggs, separated
2 Tablespoons French Butter, melted and cooled
1 Cup Buttermilk 

Preparation

Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Beat egg yolks in a small mixing bowl and add buttermilk and butter. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Beat egg whites in a medium mixing bowl until stiff and fold into flour mixture. Batter will be airy. Spread batter over three-quarters of the surface of a hot, lightly greased waffle iron, close lid, and cook until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes.  

Plating : Drizzle with Maple Syrup. Serve with plenty of French butter and mixed fresh fruits (to taste, I personally like to pair fruits by colour. I mean to me pairing is very important as I like the plate to look very tasteful and colourful. At times, I would go for "Nectarine & Kiwi" or "Mango & Passion Fruit", or "Mango, Dragon Fruit & Kiwi" or "Raspberry, Blackberry & Blueberry", ect,.). Dust lightly with Icing Sugar. Voila!

1 comment:

Pl said...

That looks beautiful!