Monday, September 02, 2013

tomato relish


Tomato Relish : น้ำพริกแจ๋วมะเขือเทศ (ทานกับข้าวกล้อง ผักต้ม และปลาทอด)

Mid of August, I started a new job (yep, I know "again"). The new job looks everything that I ever want. When I started working 10 days ago, the reality hit me hard... I mean I have found out that I am not as good as I think I am. The new job is very challenging but.. for some reason I can't bring out the best in me... I guess I feel intimidated by my new bosses who are younger than me and I think they are "smarter" than me. I can't be myself there... I feel smothered and feel like I have to please everyone (which I hate) and I have to keep up all the time (This I like). Despite the fact that I am totally crap at my new job, I have learnt loads in the past 10 days. Its not bad but its the most exhausting job I have ever had... Oh well enough of babbling.

Today is my day-off. I need to cook something to put myself at ease. I went to the supermarket and found these tiny cute little organic tomatoes. Hence the recipe 

3 organic medium tomatoes ( 10 for small tomatoes), roasted
6 medium red chilies, roasted
3 dried red chillies, roasted
3 medium shallots , roasted
2 cloves garlic, roasted
Fish Sauce
Lime Juice
Tamarind Paste

Garnish
Steamed or fried fillet of fish (to your liking)
Hard boiled eggs, halved
Fresh organic vegetables (to your liking)
Boiled organic vegetables (to your liking)

Preparation
Roughly chop tomatoes, red chilies, shallots and garlic and transfer to a mortar and pestle. Pound to a rough paste. Stir in fish sauce, lime juice, tamarind paste. Taste if more seasoning is needed. Remove into a small serving bowl. Serve with steamed wholegrain rice, boiled egg, fried fish and mixed vegetable. Delicious! 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I think a lot of times we are our harshest critic. You are most likely doing much better than you think you are at work and even if you were to fumble a bit during the initial work process everybody knows that new jobs require a bit of getting use to.

I like your blog. It's so hard to find good Thai ones. :D

Tom Aikins said...

Nice blog. It's a good resource for Bangkok food, especially hard to find stuff.

chal said...

Looks attempting.. Definitely going to try this recipe out ^^

Please visit my latest article about small kitchen designs.
∞ chalwoo ∞

Sarees Online Shopping said...

Looks yummy
Sarees Online | buy sarees online | best sarees online | buy sarees online from india | silk sarees online | saree wholesale | wedding sarees online | salwar kameez online | sarees online shopping | buy indian sarees online | saree manufacturers | cotton sarees online | salwar kameez wholesale | designer sarees online | bridal sarees | designer salwar kameez | dress materials online | pattu sarees online | kurtis online | indian women clothing online

Lita said...

This a wonderful recipe and so inspring to us! We are Thai Direct (www.thaidirect.co), the authentic Thai meal kit company. Check us out if you'd like to try cooking authentic Thai at home!

Unknown said...

HI!!!! im very happy to find your blog! many time ago search somebody who can show way in the thai food's world.
If not a big question, could you help me to find some recipte?
Im really intresting the reayl thai street food, the noodle soup recept - what we can get everywhere, and we can eat with fish balls ect... Sorry but i didnt find in your blog...

Unknown said...

This is a decent post. This post give really quality data. I'm certainly planning to investigate it. Truly exceptionally valuable tips receive here. much obliged for your requirements to this extent. Keep up the acts of kindness.bespoke kitchen design hertfordshire

Clipping Path said...

Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing with us.This is so useful.

lisal said...

The main functions of a kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to complete related tasks such as dishwashing.underground pipe locator

RASHMI said...

Leolist Toronto ---- Leolist Toronto
Are you looking for Leolist Toronto? We have the best alternative of Leolist Toronto.
here on https://toronto.xgirl.ca/
Visit Leolist Toronto.xgirl.ca. today and find the best results related to Leolist Toronto.

RASHMI said...

Leolist Vaughan ---- Leolist Vaughan
Are you looking for Leolist Vaughan? We have the best alternative of Leolist Vaughan.
here on https://vaughan.xgirl.ca/
Visit Leolist Vaughan.xgirl.ca. today and find the best results related to Leolist Vaughan.

Sakiba Islam said...

This is very informative and helpful post in the blog posting world.You are Interested More kitchen product, Site please Visit our site.
https://www.thekitchenitems.com/