Tuesday, August 28, 2007
pork with lime sauce : vietnamese style
Pork with Lime Sauce Vietnamese Style.
Here is my first go attempting to cook Vietnamese food and the outcome was quite satisfied.
Everybody knows that lately I am being obsessed with Healthy Cuisine. I trend to go for anything that has herbs to do with it, especially with Fresh Herbs. Vietnamese Food is categorised as "healthy food" as they are loads of fresh herbs and fresh greens in their food : basil, mint, thai parsley, etc.,
As its my first time, so I picked a very easy dish to start with.
Find below my debut of Cooking Vietnamese Food.
2 Cups of pork, cut into strips
2-3 Tablespoons of Tomato sauce/ Tomato puree
2-3 Tablespoons of Chillie sauce (Sri-Racha Chillies Sauce)
2 Tablespoons of Fish sauce
1/4 Cup of Lime juice
1-2 Teaspoons of Sugar
Roasted White Sesame
Fresh Mint, Basil & Thai Parsley
* Put everything into a zip-log bag and keep in the fridge for 2 hours or over a night
* heat the cooking pan (without oil)
* add the marinated pork, keep stirring to cook the pork through
* remove into a serving plate
* sprinkle with roasted white sesame
* garnish with fresh herbs : Basil, Mint, Thai Parsley & a few of lime wedges
* serve with streamed whole-grain rice.