Wednesday, September 26, 2007

moo yang and salad : japanese style


Moo Yang and Salad: Grilled Pork and Salad Japanese Style

“Taste is individual”

The difference between cooking for your own self and cooking for others is the “individual taste”. I think all of those famous chefs know the secret of how to please different people at the same time. That’s the main reason why they are very successful in food business.

Anyway, back to my “Moo Yang” which I cooked to please one of my mates who is very thin and can eat anything in this world and needs not to worry about gaining weight at all. Means: she gets to eat all of delicious food whenever she feels like.

If I cook this dish for myself, Pork Shoulder is probably not my choice, though it’s so delicious. No... I am not a weight-watcher maniac. I am just an ordinary woman in her 30s who has to control what to eat in order to be healthy.

Find below a recipe of “Moo Yang Japanese Style”



½ Kilo of Pork (Shoulder or any part depends on your preference)
2 Tablespoons of Mirin
2 Tablespoons of Shoyu (Soy Sauce)
1 Tablespoon of Miso

Lemon Dressing with Sesame
½ Cup of Lemon Dressing Japanese Style
1 Teaspoon of Sesame Seed, roasted

Salad
Fresh Cucumber, cut
Green (Anything on hand)
Cherry Tomatoes, halved

Preparation

• marinate the pork with mirin, shoyu and miso by putting everything in a zip-loc bag and keep for over 2 hours or over a night in the fridge

• heat the griddle over high heat
• place the marinated pork on, reduce the heat to medium heat
• leave the pork on the griddle for 3-5 mins, turn and leave it for another 3-5 mins
• becareful to not over-burn the pork
• remove to the serving plate, slice into bite-sized strips
• serve with salad and a small cup of lemon dressing (Mayo is optional)

No comments: