Saturday, November 24, 2007

salmon skewers with tomato & basil salad


Salmon Skewers with Tomato & Basil Salad

Currently, I am on diet….
Ok Ok .. I am on diet all the time!!!

Anyway, I cut loads of carb from my menu recently… yeah I know it’s not a good thing doing Atkins Diet… but it really works!

This dish has become my favourite lately. I seem to have it almost every lunch (probably 3 times a week) only that I manage to change the fish – sometimes, with snow fish, white/red snapper or tuna.

Find below my very simple lunch “Grilled Salmon with Tomato & Basil Salad"

Salmon, cut into chunks
Bell Pepper, cut into the same size as salmon

Fresh Basil Leaves (Italian Basil only)
Plum Tomato, roughly sliced
Red Shallot, roughly sliced
Pine Nuts, Roasted(or Sunflower Seeds, Roasted)

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Sea Salt

Lemon, cut into wedges


Preparation

• Marinate the salmon chunks with olive oil for 20 mins
• Season with Sea Salt and Black Pepper
• Line/thread them onto the soaked wooden skewers

• Heat the griddle over high heat
• Place the skewers on the griddle, reduce that heat to medium
• Leave the skewers for 3-5 mins, turn and leave them for another 3-5 mins

• While waiting for the Salmon to be cooked
• In a bowl, add Fresh Basil, Tomato and Red Shallot
• Drizzle with Olive Oil, season with Black Pepper and Sea Salt
• Sprinkle with roasted Sunflower seeds/Pine Nuts
• Squeeze a wedge of Lemon over salad
• Remove into a serving plate and serve with grilled salmon
• Garnish with a few of Lemon Wedges

No comments: