Sunday, November 18, 2007
scrambled eggs with smoked salmon & toast
Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon & Toast
This is our most favourite Sunday's Brunch. It's very simple and easy to cook but it makes a fabulous Breakie or Brunch ever.
I seem to like to cook it on Saturday or Sunday as its too good that you need to share with someone not having alone.
Normally I would have my breakie with a few slices of whole grain / 7 grain toast but for this particular dish I prefer it with toasted French bread (sourdough) or Bagel, or with Brioche.
Find below a recipe of "Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon"
4 Eggs (Chicken)
2 Tablespoons of Single Cream
2 Tablespoons of Whole Milk (Skim Milk is optional)
10 G of unsalted Butter (French butter is recommended)
Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper.
130 G of Smoked Salmon, Sliced
4 Slices of French Bread (Sourdough), toasted
Fresh Dill or Chive, chopped
Lemon Wedges (Optional)
• Melt the unsalted butter in a pan over a gentle heat.
• When the butter has melted and begins to foam.
• Break the eggs into a pan, season with salt & black pepper
• Increase the heat slightly and, using a wooden spoon to stir continuously
• When the eggs begin to solidify, add milk and cream
• Keep on stirring for 3-4 mins
• Remove the pan from the heat, continue to stir until the eggs become soft
• Place the scrambled eggs on the serving plate with smoked salmon and toast.
• Sprinkle with dill or chive, then serve immediately
Note : serves 2