Sunday, December 30, 2007
steak in balsamic vinegar
Steak in Balsamic Vinegar
My first meal that I cooked after a week off for X'mas break.
Lately, I kind of like cooking food with Balsamic Vinegar and we happen to like steak.
So, here comes "Steak in Balsamic Vinegar"
This recipe is adjusted a bit from the original recipe of "The Silver Spoon" Cookbook.
25 G of Butter
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
4 Steak Fillet (any kind of steak depends on your liking)
1 Shallot, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley Spring, chopped
(or Fresh Italian Basil Leaves, chopped)
Fresh Porcini Mushroom/ or any kind of Big & Firm Mushroom that’s on hand, sliced & grilled
3-4 of Medium Plump Tomatoes, quartered
1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A pinch of Sea Salt
A pinch of ground Black Pepper
(Put & Mix everything well in a bowl and keep one side)
• heat a Steak pan/a Griddle Pan over high heat
• add half of butter
• add olive oil
• fry the steak for 3-5 mins of each side (or just how you like it to be cooked)
• remove and set aside, keep warm
• in the pan with remain oil, add the rest of butter
• add chopped shallot
• add balsamic vinegar
• add a pinch of sea salt
• place the steak on the serving plate
• pour over the steak with the sauce from the pan
• serve with grilled mushroom and tomato salad in balsamic dressing
• sprinkle with chopped parsley/chopped Italain Basil.