Friday, February 15, 2008
chicken teriyaki : riya's style
Chicken Teriyaki: Riya’ style.
This is a very easy dish to cook when you lack of decent & fancy stuff in your fridge. At times, when you were too lazy or too busy to do food shopping and you could only find chicken fillet left in the fridge. You would end up cooking something easy & simple like "Chicken Teriyaki".
Find below my very own recipe of Chicken Teriyaki
½ Kilo of Chicken Fillet/Breasts or Thighs/ Drumsticks, boned
4 Tablespoons of Shoyu
4 Tablespoons of Mirin
2 Tablespoons of Sake
1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Grated Ginger
Spring Onion, cut
• In a zip-loc bag, add chicken fillet and the rest of the ingredients in
• Keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours or over a night
• Heat the griddle over medium-high heat
• Place the chicken on, skin-side on first, leave to cook for 10-15 mins
• Turn, and leave to cook for another 10-15 mins
• Turn off the heat
• Remove and Slice into pieces
• Pour thickened sauce over the teriyaki chicken.
• Sprinkle with Spring Onion
• Serve with (Jap) Steamed Rice