Saturday, February 09, 2008
fresh basil leaves salad with balsamic dressing
Fresh Basil Leaves with Balsamic Dressing
I kind of like cooking with Balsamic lately. Hmmm I am kind of being obsessed with Balsamic to be right…. I seemed to order Balsamic-related Food when I eat/dine out.
Anyway, find below my very own Fresh Basil Leaves Salad with Balsamic Dressing.
Actually, this recipe is very similar to "Salmon Skewers with Tomato & Basil Leaves Salad"
Fresh Basil Leaves, as much as you feel like
Fresh Japanese Cucumber, chopped
Fresh Tomatoes, halved & quartered
Red Onion, thinly sliced
Pine Nuts, roasted
2 Tablespoons of decent Balsamic Vinegar
3-4 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Grilled Salmon Skewers
• In a small cup, add Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Sea salt and Black Pepper
• Whisk them well and keep aside
• In a large bowl, add Fresh Basil, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Red Onion & Pine Nuts
• Toss the salad in Balsamic Dressing, mix them well
• Remove into the serving plate
• Serve with Grilled Salmon Skewers