Sunday, June 22, 2008
moo kem: fried pork with soy sauce
This dish is something very easy to cook when you are too lazy to cook something that consumes too much of your time.
I always cook it when I am home alone as I don’t want to do anything else besides watching telly and reading books & my favourite magazines.
Find below a recipe.
• 400 g of Pork shoulder, cubed (fat always makes food more delicious!!)
• 3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
• ½ Tablespoon of Sweet Soy Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
• 4 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
• 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
• 1/4 Cup of Water or Stock
1. Marinate pork shoulder with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce, brown sugar and chopped garlic over a night or at least 2 hours in the fridge
2. Heat a wok over high heat
3. Add olive oil
4. Add pork cubes and fry them till cooked through
5. Add water, cover with a lid for 5-10 mins till the sauce is half reduced
6. Serve with steamed rice and sprinkle with sliced spring onion