Saturday, June 07, 2008
I always like potato (potato salad, chips, mashed potato, potato au gratin, and many many more ways to cook it)
Potato Soup is one of my most favourite soups. We hardly eat soup here in Bangkok but I like too cook it at times as it is one of my comfort food collection.
Potato Soup always gives me a warm feeling when I am ill or during my PMS time. A rainy night-in, with a cup of hot Potato Soup on the comfy sofa watching your favourite programs or series.
It’s easy and very simple to cook. Find below a simple recipe from BBC Food.
425g/15oz potatoes, peeled and diced to 5mm/1/3in
110g/4oz onions, diced to 1/3in
1 tsp salt
freshly ground pepper
900ml/1½pt home-made chicken stock or vegetable stock
120ml/4fl oz creamy milk
freshly chopped herbs to garnish
1. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. When it foams, add the potatoes and onions and toss them in the butter until well coated.
2. Sprinkle with salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cover with a butter wrapper or paper lid and the lid of the saucepan. Sweat on a gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil. When the vegetables are soft but not coloured add the boiling stock and continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the milk. purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Taste and adjust seasoning.
5. Sprinkle with a few freshly chopped herbs or extra virgin olive oil.
6. Serve with French Bread