Saturday, May 31, 2008

mrs. balbir's : indian restaurant


Mrs. Balbir's Indian Restaurant

I am a very open-minded person when it comes to food and culture. I am very much interested & exposed to other countries. (their food, lifestyle, culture, architecture, art, etc.)

I am very fascinated by Indian Art, textile & Architecture, and especially their Food. We (I and mates) always try to find new Indian restaurants in Bangkok. Our most favourite are The Rang Mahal , Indus & Mrs. Balbir's.

We have known Mrs. Balbir personally for ages (The restaurant has been serving Indian Food to people in Bangkok for more than 25 years) and we always love her food.
In her restaurant, you will be impressed with her way of decorating her restaurant how she wants to be different from other Indian restaurants and how she tries to present her food in a modern way. Many small details that she takes very close attention to... and how she tries to add more personal touch into her restaurant... like using banana leaves, using small individual silver cups for us to clean our hand after finishing food.

We ordered our usual favourite dishes like: Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Korma, Lamb Rogan Josh, Makkhani & Tarka Dal, Fish Vindaloo, Garlic Naan & Thandori Roti.

The food is always good as usual.

Mrs.Balbir Indian Restaurant
www.mrsbalbir.com
155/18 Sukhumvit Soi 11/1
Next to Swiss Park Hotel
T : 0-2651-0498
F : 0-2651-0019

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yumm looks tasty! If I ever get bored of Thai food the next time I'm in Bangkok (unlikely) I'll have to give this place a try. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

was that the one that you had to sit on the floor? if yes, I loved that res. eventho I don't particularly like indian food...
and I might be in India for a couple weeks in Jan :)