Thursday, February 26, 2009

moo tod : fried pork


Moo Tod : หมูทอด
...
If you happen to pass any schools in Bangkok, you will always find BBQ or Fried Chicken/Pork vendors in front of the schools. The reason because kids love it, I loved it when I was young and I still love it now. It can be eaten with steamed rice or sticky rice.

"Moo Tod" (Fried Pork) is always served on our (Thai) table and, in my opinion, it’s always under-rated. If you dine at a Thai restaurant and then browsing through their menu. You can hardly find “Moo Tod” in there. The dish is actually meant to accompany with other spicy dishes like spicy curry to balance the favours., especially the spiciness. That’s the main reason why it has never been a Star in Thai food. I guess another reason is because it’s too simple. At times, simplicity is the best.

Find below my very own recipe of "Moo Tod"

½ Kilo of Pork (Tenderloin, Shoulder or Spare Ribs), cut
3-5 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
6-10 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
4 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped (Optional)
Cooking Oil (Choose the one that's good & safe for frying.)
Ground White Pepper (Optional)

Preparation

Marinate the Pork with Oyster Sauce & Soy Sauce, keep in the fridge for a nigh

Set a Wok with Cooking Oil over medium-high heat, wait till becoming very hot. Fry the Pork till turned golden brown. Remove into a towel to absorb the oil. Leave for 5 minutes to set, and then slice them into bite-sized bits
Serve with Steamed Rice or Sticky Rice

2 comments:

Debbie said...

This looks very good. I will try this....

Unknown said...

HEy, really in luv with this blog...I'm adding it to my blog link...okie?