Wednesday, March 03, 2010

kai jiew dok-sano : omelette with sesbania drummondii flowers


Omelette with Yellow "Sesbania Drumondii" Flowers : ไข่เจียวดอกโสน

First, I would like to apologize that I have been away for ages. There were/are many things happening in my life which kept/keep me away from this world wide web.

Anyway, I am back! I will be writing loads & loads of recipes & I promise to update my blog consistently. I really miss doing & writing this food journal to bits. While I was absent, I received lots of emails from my readers and I felt/feel so flattered.

Ok, back to the recipe, recently, I saw/see lots of organic "Dok-Sano" available on the shelf in posh supermarkets in Bangkok. So, I think I should do something with these little yellow flowers as they are so adorable and very cute! I have to confess here that I really don't know what is this flower is called in English. Therefore, I did a little research in google (I wonder if we could live without Google nowadays.) about it and I find out about its name. Please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong about the name of this flower. I also find out that these flowers are good for health (interesting eh? but I am not going to talk about this. I would like to leave it for you to find out by yourself. I mean in case if you are interested.) & Thai people have been using these flowers for it's "yellow" colour for ages.

Find below my recipe of Omelette with Sesbania Drumondii Flowers

1 Pack of Organic "Sesbania Drumondii" Flowers
4 Large Organic Eggs
1-2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Grape Seed Oil
A pinch of Unrefined Raw Sugar

Preparation

1. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add half of the flowers and then add the rest of the ingredients (except grape seed oil).
2. Heat a wok over medium-high heat, add grape seed oil wait till the oil is becoming hot.
3. Pour the beaten egg into the hot oil, lower the heat a little.
4. Wait for a few minutes and then turn the egg.
5. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with the rest of flowers.
6. Serve hot with steamed organic brown rice & chili relish.

No comments: