Friday, March 19, 2010

fillet steak salad


Fillet Steak & Rocket Salad

If I stay home, I like cooking salad for lunch and as I mentioned many times before that I like beef but red meat is not healthy. So, I try to limit “Beef” to only 4-5 times in a month.

4-5 years ago, I found this “Fillet Beef Steak Salad” recipe in “Hello” magazine (Yes, I read “Hello” :P). The recipe was very appealing to me. So, I cut the recipe and keep in my collection. of recipes. It has become one of my favourite salads. I cooked this dish more than a hundred times and I changed/adjusted a few things to meet with my personal taste. Over time, it is getting better and better. Peppery rocket leaves & Dijon mustard dressing go with the sirloin steak very greatly.

Find below a recipe

1 of Beef Steak (Sirloin is preferred)
1 Pack of Organic Rocket Leaves (Imported Rocket is preferred but if you are in Bangkok. Organic Thai rocket leaves will do – I used organic Thai rocket in the picture.)
¼ Pack of Fettuccine
A Handful of Fresh Thyme (Now, we can find fresh herbs at supermarkets in Bangkok.)

Mustard Dressing

2 Teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon of White Wine Vinegar
4 -6 Tablespoons of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Depends on how thick you like it.)
A Pinch of Sea Salt
A Pinch of Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Preparation

Set a large saucepan/ big pot over high heat, add water & lots of sea salt and wait till the water is boiling. Add in the pasta and cook according to the packaging (approximately 11 minutes). Drain, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh thyme and keep warm aside.

Rub the steak with sea salt & pepper. Set a cast-iron-skillet over medium-high heat. Wait till becoming very hot. Cook the steak to your preference (5 minuets for Medium Rare – It depends on how thick the steak is.) Remove the steak from the skillet and keep aside to rest.

In a bowl, add Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Whisk till everything is blended well. Add sea salt & pepper to taste.

Slice & lay the beef steak on top of a bed of twirl pasta and lay the rocket leaves beside. in a serving plate. Serve with a cup of dressing on the side. Enjoy your lunch!

Serve : 2

No comments: