Sunday, March 21, 2010

squid ink pasta with scallop


Squid Ink Pasta with Scallop


Yes, I know I cooked lots of western dishes at home lately. Oh well, I am in mood for western food of late. I mean now I can simply go to supermarkets in Bangkok and find lots of fresh herbs and fresh ingredients. I really love it - Now, I don't have to be in London or in Paris to find a fresh "bouquet garni" anymore !


I noticed that squid ink pasta is now becoming very popular among Thai, especially in those Italian restaurants in Bangkok. A few days ago, I had it at Delicatezza restaurant in Thonglor Soi 10. Then, I thought this dish is something you couldn't possibly ordered if you were with your date. Its best to cook at home and I think it will be better if I match this squid ink pasta with scallop. (Oh well, I couldn't find Scottish scallop here, I ended up with Thai scallop - which is not bad.)


Find below my very simple but very yummy recipe


¼ of Package of Squid Ink Linguine (Approx. 250 G.)

12-16 Scallops - Depends on how big they are. (Shelled & Cleaned - You can discard the orange bit of scallop & keep only the white bit but I keep it as it looks colourful with black pasta.)

3 Cloves of Garlic (Finely Chopped)

1 Yellow Lemon

A handful of Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley (Roughly Chopped)

Freshly Ground Pepper

Ground Sea Salt

Olive Oil


Preparation


Bring a large saucepan/pot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling add pasta and sea salt and cook according to the package instruction until the pasta is Al Dente. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and keep warm one side.
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, fry till aromatic, add scallops, keep stirring. (You don't need to wait till they are cooked. - Over cooked scallops are not good.) Add cooked pasta, stir-fry very quickly till everything is well blended. Turn off the heat. Add salt and ground pepper to taste. Squeeze a wedge of lemon & sprinkle with chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley. Stir a few times and remove into a serving plate. Serve hot with a wedge of yellow lemon & a glass of Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio (Be careful not to put too much of lemon in your pasta if you serve it with "Pinot Grigio" as the wine is already with lemon-citrus flavours.).

Serve : 2

No comments: