Saturday, November 27, 2010

steamed squid with chili and lime sauce


Steamed Squid with Chili and Lime Sauce : ปลาหมึกนี่งมะนาว

Lately, I read lots of food blogs written about food in Bangkok or in Thailand. Last week, I visited a blog called "Hungry in Bangkok" (Actually, I have become a fan of his food blog. I love it when people write something good and positive about my country.) and he posted something about "Steamed Squid in Chili & Lime Sauce" which is very inspiring to me. I mean its very easy to cook and its delicious. I had a sudden urge to cook it. So, last Sunday, I went shopping for fresh plump squid at Villa Supermarket.

Find below a recipe

1/2 Kilo of Squid, cleaned & cut thickly into rings
4-5 of Organic Red & Green Bird-Eye Chillies, finely chopped (De-seeded if you can't handle the heat.)
3-4 Tablespoons of Organic Lime Juice
3-4 Tablespoons of Premium Fish Sauce
A dash of Un-refine Brown Sugar
Fresh Organic Coriander Leaves
Fresh Organic Chinese Celery (Optional)
Fresh Organic Chinese Cabbages (Optional)



Preparation


Steam the squid and Chinese cabbage leaves for 5 mins (Make sure that you are using the maximum heat to steam the squid). Keep the squid juice which came out of the squid when its steamed. Keep the steamed squid aside. In a mixing bowl, add squid juice, chopped chillies, lime juice, fish sauce and a dash of brown sugar. Stir to mix everything well. Taste if more seasoning if needed. Lay the steamed squid on a bed of celery and Chinese cabbages in a serving plate. Pour the chilli and lime sauce over the steamed squid and sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander leaves.

No comments: