Saturday, October 23, 2010

stir-fried pork liver & chinese chives : phad-tub-moo sai ton kui-chai


Stir-fried Pork Liver & Chinese Chives : ผัดตับหมูใส่ต้น(ดอก)กุ้ยช่าย

Yes, this is very unusual of me cooking pork liver. But once in a long while, I do like cooking something that reminds me of my childhood. I remember that my mum used to cook it for me. Even though, I didn't like it that much, she managed to force me to eat it. I didn't have a problem with Liver and things. Its just that I was young and I didn't like most things.

Anyway, this dish is quite delicious if you can be a little open-minded. I know lots of people don't like eating liver or offal and I can understand why.

Find below a recipe (Its very easy to cook.)

1/3 Kilo of Pork Liver (Clean & very fresh)
2 Packs of Organic Chinese Chives, cut
3-4 Cloves of Organic Garlic, smashed and then roughly chopped
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (Extra light and mild)
3 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Seasoning Sauce
A dash of Un-refined Brown Sugar

Preparation

Set a wok over medium-high heat, then add olive oil. Wait till the wok is becoming hot (not too hot) then add chopped garlic. Fry the garlic till aromatic, then add pork liver. Stir-fry very quickly till brown and then remove from a wok immediately. (You gotta be very quick at this stage. Pork Liver can be very tough and turn very dark easily if staying in the heat for too long .) Set the fried pork liver aside. Put the wok back on the heat. Add Chinese chives and the rest of the ingredients, fry very quickly till everything is mixed well. Add the fired pork liver back in a wok. Then stir-fry to combine everything. Turn off the heat. Remove into a serving plate. Served hot with a cup of wholegrain steamed rice.

Serve : 2

No comments: