Wednesday, December 22, 2010

grilled ham & cheese sandwich

Grilled Ham & Cheese Sarnie (Sandwich)

Kids love everything thats related to “Ham & Cheese”. I think “Ham & Cheese Sarnie” is made just for them. You don't have  to put all of your effort to convince them to eat. They don't ask you what are these. They just love it!

Anyway, I know this recipe is too simple and we don't really need a recipe to make it. Actually, I wanted to make “Croque Monsieur” & “Croque Madam” but the “Béchamel Sauce” which is too rich that puts me off. I mean I have to watch my weight this month. You know how tough December can be with festive food... (I will definitely cook it next time and I will post a recipe here later.)

Find below my simple recipe of “Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich”

4 slices of 9-Grain or Multi Grain Bread, buttered (Organic)
8-10 thinly slices of Cooked or Paris Ham (Organic is preferred)
Gruyère / Emmental / Cheddar Cheese, grated (As much as you like.)
Dijon Mustard (Optional)

Garnish
Fresh Mixed Organic Salad
French Fries (Organic)
Cornichons/Gherkins/Pickled Cucumber

Preparation

Heat a large cast-iron skillet (I like to grill my sandwich on my “Le Crueset Cast Iron Skillet” as I always achieve beautifully grill-marked on my sandwiches.) on medium-high heat.

Lay 3-4 slices of ham on top of each (2) slices of buttered bread and sprinkle lots of grated cheese on top of ham. Top each open-faced sandwiches with 2 slices of buttered bread. Transfer the sandwiches onto the hot skillet, leave to cook for a few minutes until you get nice “grill-marked” on your sandwiches and cheese is melted, flip/turn and leave to cook until you get nice “grill-marked” on the other side, ideally, 2-3 minutes per each side. Remove from them from the skillet. Cut sandwiches in half and serve hot with a portion of French fries or mixed salad or cronichons.

Serve : 2

No comments: