Sunday, January 23, 2011

ramen bankara

Ramen Bankara : An authentic taste of real Japanese ramen in Bangkok

I meant to write about "Ramen Bankara" a few years ago but I didn't get a chance to and later I forgot about posting this restaurant here completely. Anyway, in the past 2 years, there are many franchise of famous Japanese ramen chains from Tokyo (Yamagoya Ramen & Bankara Ramen) open their branches in Bangkok. We (Bangkokian) love Japanese food. So, these (yummy) famous ramen chains are more than welcome to be here in our city.

Bankara is very famous in Tokyo. It promises to bring a taste of real ramen to Bangkokian. (It actually does keep its promise.) It really gives an authentic feel and taste of Japanese food and atmosphere (even Chef Ian Kittichai seconds that.). There are 4 types of different ramen soup (ingredients) to choose from. There are 1) Bankara original ramen (very flavorful but very fatty & oily), 2) Tonkatsu ramen (pork bone is simmered for 1-2 days in order to achieve the unique out-come of cloudy white coloured broth.), 3) Tsugimen and 4) Miso ramen (my most favourite). Each type of ramen can be dressed with additional toppings like Kakuni (Japanese braised brown pork belly). Cha-shu (sliced Japanese pork), Nori (dried seaweed), vegetables and different sized of noodles.

I personally do love Ramen, especially in winter time. A good big bowl of hot & hearty ramen soup really warms your tum and that feeling is warmly awesome. (You gotta try it yourself to know what I mean.) Although, I don't go there as often as I want to (This is mainly because their ramen soup is too rich & too fatty for a woman in her 30s like me. Oh well, you know what I mean...), Ramen Bankara is definitely one of my favourite ramen places in Bangkok.
Ramen Bankara
32/1, The Manor
Sukhumvit Soi 39,
Bangkok 10110
T : 02 662 5162-3
Opening Time : 10.00am - 23.00pm
(Last order is at 22.30pm.)

No comments: