Saturday, October 29, 2011

garlic butter shrimp

Garlic Butter Shrimp served with crusty French bread. 

October is quite a month! First, its my birthday and then there are loads happening in my life right now (I hope all is going to be improved in a much better way and I can finally be content in life as I deserve it!) and currently, I have to deal with the massive flooding situation which is soon to arrive in Bangkok. Hopefully, my area (Sukhumvit road) stays dry and safe. I know that I sound selfish and it is not fair for those who are suffering but I have loads of books, especially cookbooks (let alone my shoes) that I love so very much. I can't allow them to be soaked in water.... 

Anyway, last night I cooked "Garlic Butter Shrimp" for dinner. This dish is simply delicious served with a few glasses of chilled Chardonnay. So I think I should share a recipe on here. Next month after the flood, I hope that life will be back to normal and I will have time to post more recipes. 

Find below a recipe of "Garlic Butter Shrimp" 

12-15 Large Prawns/Shrimps
1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
50 G of French Butter (Unsalted)
2-3 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 Yellow Lemon
Handful of Parsley, roughly chopped
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Crusty French Bread or Toasted Sourdough. 

Preparation 

Set a wok or a large saucepan on low heat, heat the olive oil and butter. Add shrimps and garlic and stir well until the shrimps turn pink (about 3 mins). Season with salt and ground black pepper. Squeeze the yellow lemon and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Turn off the heat and serve at once with crusty French bread to tear off and dunk into the juices. Scrumptious! 

No comments: