Tuesday, March 05, 2013

hot and spicy pork noodle soup



Hot & Spicy Pork Noodle Soup : Guay Tiew Moo Dtom Yum ก๋วยเตี๋ยวหมูต้มยำ

I love eating noodles to bits especially "Dtom Yum Noodle". It doesn't matter its noodle soup or dry. I always enjoy it. I think its my most favourite street food ever! (I am kind of addicted to it. If I hear that there are some delicious noodle joints somewhere... I will always find my way to try them.) Oh well, I just love noodles! 

I love "Dtom Yum" noodle but I never once cooked it at home as it requires many ingredients and its time consuming. Yes, I love spending hours in the kitchen but lately, I have been kept too busy with work. (I work 6 days a week and 10 hours everyday.) On my day-off, I just want to sit.. doing nothing but being relaxed with books and music... I think I work too hard. I can hardly find time to do anything I enjoy doing. Let alone spending hours in in the kitchen. Luckily, last week, I had a 3-day-off. Hence, this yummie noodle recipe! 

Find below my recipe 

Soup
3-4 Cups Water
1/2 Kilo Pork Cartilage or Pork Ribs  
1 Medium Daikon, Cut
Coriander roots, crushed
Black pepper, crushed
Garlic crushed

Noodle (egg noodle, thin rice noodle, vermicelli or any kind of noodle that matches with your personal taste)
Minced Pork, boiled (made into balls and then pressed to make them flat) 
Pork Liver, boiled briefly (do not over-cook otherwise it will be tough and bitter)
Hard or Soft Boiled Egg, halved 
Bean Sprout
Fresh Organic String Bean, sliced 
Fresh Organic Red Chilies, sliced 
Fresh Organic Thai Parsley, thinly sliced 
Fresh Organic Spring Onion, roughly chopped 
Fresh Organic Coriander Leaves, roughly chopped  
Peanut, roughly ground
Dried Chillies, Ground
Palm Sugar
Lime Juice 

Preparation 

Set a large pot our medium heat, add water, crushed coriander roots, garlic and black pepper. Bring to the boil, add pork ribs. Leave to simmer for 30 mins or till cooked (spoon-tender). 

Set another large and deep pot our medium high heat, add water and bring to the boil. Cook the noodle as instructed on the package. Remove into the serving bowls. Later, cook bean sprouts and string bean in boiling water briefly (do not over cook otherwise you will loose the crunchiness of the veggies) and then remove into the serving bowls. Drizzle garlic oil on cooked noodles and vegetables and toss to mix well everything well. Set one side.

Serving : In a bowl, mix palm sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, dried chilies, ground peanut and chopped parsley, then add the soup and mix everything well. Taste if more seasoning is needed (to taste). Pour the seasoned broth into the serving blows on top of mixed noodle & vegetables. Lay some minced pork balls, cooked pork liver pieces, pork cartilage, daikon (a little of this and a little of that) and a piece of boiled egg on top. Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and spring onion. Serve hot with some crispy wantons. Absolutely delicious!

No comments: