Friday, March 16, 2007
thai red curry with chicken & bamboo shoots
Red Curry with Chicken & Bamboo Shoots
* 1 lb boneless chicken breast
* 1 can bamboo shoots, sliced
* 3 tbsp red curry paste
* 2 cups coconut milk
* 2 fresh red chili, sliced diagonally
* 1/2 cup Thai sweet basil leaves (bai horapah), torn
* 2 tbsp fish sauce
* 1/4 tsp sea salt
* 1 1/2 tsp palm sugar
* kaffir lime leaves, roughly shredded
* Thai sweet basil leaves for garnish
pour 1 cup of coconut milk into a wok.
bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
add the curry paste, stir until red oil comes to the surface.
add the chicken and saute until it turns white and is cooked through.
add the remaining coconut milk, follow with the bamboo shoots.
season with fish sauce, sugar, and salt and bring back to a boil.
sprinkle with kaffir lime leaves, chilies, and sweet basil leaves.
turn off the heat.
arrange on a serving dish with streamed rice or whole grain rice.
garnish with sweet basil leaves/ spring onion, boiled egg before serving.