Saturday, January 05, 2008
instant noodle soup with fish balls : tom yum style
Instant Noodle Soup with Fish Balls: Tom Yum Style
Thai people like “Instant Noodle” especially, Tom Yum Flavour (Mama Tom Yum).
My former assistant loves it and she likes “Fish Balls”. Hence, a fancy version of it.
It may not look/appear to be as “fancy” as you could imagine it to be but, believe me, it’s already fancy as we are talking about “Instant Noodles” Thai way.
If you get to see the way that Thai People really cook it.... they simply add hot-water into it and there is a meal.
I normally love “Noodles” too bits but I can’t really have it as simple as they usually do. I need some Veggies and some Meat. Call me a fussy person.
Find below a very fast and simple recipe of “Instant Noodles Tom Yum Soup”
2 Packages of Instand Noodles Tom Yum Flavour ( Mama or WaiWai depends on your liking)
4-6 Cups of Water or Chicken Stock
2 Cups of good quality Fish Balls
2-4 Cups of Straw Mushroom, halved
2-4 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce
2-4 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons of “Sweet Roasted Chillie Paste”
½ Cup of Coriander Leaves, cut
½ Cup of Spring Onion, cut
• Heat a saucepan over high heat
• Add Water, bring to the boil
• Add Instant Noodles, wait till the Noodles are cooked
• Add Fish Balls, do not stir
• Add the Tom Yum Paste in small package that comes with the Noodles
• Add Fish Sauce, Lime Juice, Roasted Chillie Paste & a pinch of sugar
• Add Straw Mushroom, wait for 2-3 mins
• Remove into a serving bowl
• Sprinkle with Coriander Leaves & Spring Onion
Serve : 2