Tuesday, February 05, 2008

pad pak ruam mitr : stir-fried mixed vegetables



Pad Pak Ruam Mitr : Stir-Fried Mixed Vegetables

It has been a while since I last cooked. I have been kept very busy lately with personal life and work.... and I will probably be kept very busy till mid of March.

I was home last Monday and happened to fancy having Stir-fried mixed vegetables.
It’s probably because I have been eating loads of foreign food lately - it surprised me that I didn’t gain more weight at all. I am quite worried/ concerned about health in the past few years as I am getting old.

Anyway, find below a recipe of the famous “Pad Pak Ruam Mitr” – my style.

1 Cup of Carrot, sliced into bite-sized pieces
1-2 Cups of Broccoli, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 Cup of Tomato, halved and then quartered
1 Cup of Onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
2-3 Cups of Chinese Cabbage, roughly cut

(You can always add – Mushroom, Bean spout, Green peas, Cauliflower, etc., - any green that’s on hand)

2 Cups of Pork/ Chicken / Shrimps
2 Tablespoons of Chopped/Crushed Garlic
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil – Extra light and mild
2 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
A pinch of Brown Sugar



Preparation

• Heat the wok over medium-heat
• Add Olive Oil
• Add Garlic, fry till aromatic/ turns yellow
• Add Pork/ Chicken, stir-fry till the meat is almost cooked
• Add Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce & a pinch of sugar
• Add Vegetables – start from ones that take a longer time to cook
• Stir-fry constantly to mix everything well between for 3-5 mins for the Vegetable to be wilted.
• Turn off the heat – remove into a serving plate
• Serve with steamed whole-grain rice

Serve : 3

No comments: